Account
Chat Forums Blogs ImageNews Twitter Games Photos Polls Videos Groups People Donation Campaigns

•  

Sometimes "vile" just doesnt cut it
Quote12.01.2014 11:020 people like thisLike

Many years ago as a young Marine on leave, I had ventured over to Ibrox to visit the club shop for some mementos to adorn my bed space. No matter where I was serving in the world there was a little corner which was forever Rangers.  For the younger Bears amongst us, there was a time the club shop was not so much a mega store but a glorified broom cupboard with barely enough space to swing a cat. The sole staff member was serving a guy about ages with myself, who I immediately recognised as Ian Redford. After Ian had left the shop the female member of staff apologised for the previous customer taking so long “That guy took ages “ she said. I informed her who “that guy” was and she looked suitably embarrassed.

Yesterday, along with 42,000 other Bears, we paid our respects to Ian Redford as our club observed a minute’s silence in respect of his passing. Bears of today paying appropriate respect to a club servant of yesteryear.

Elsewhere in Glasgow however, BBC Scotland with it’s cabal of Rangers hating individuals and no doubt well rehearsed guests, were plotting their latest flouting of the BBC Trust ruling regarding Rangers. I’m sure there was much back slapping, mutual praise and schoolboy giggles following the latest BBC Scotland assertion that “Rangers are dead”.

Of course the theft of evidence in the Rangers Tax Case, nor an EU preliminary investigation into alleged state aid involving Celtic Football Club and Glasgow Council raises not a murmur of journalistic curiosity, after all, “Rangers baiting” requires far less effort – especially when it is broadcast from a platform paid for by the public.

Sometimes “vile” just isn’t descriptive enough.

When the Rangers Tax Case Blog won the Orwellian Award it was cited as “Bringing you the story that Scottish journalists seem unable to do”

Thats the funny thing about history – it seems to have a habit of repeating itself.

Freedom of Information is truly an enlightening thing.

Quote12.01.2014 15:330 people like thisLike

Good observations D'art. Maybe the cashier in the mega store should tune into Rangerschat Ian & Fox frequently educate younger bears on player history.

As for the "dirty dealings" dished out to Rangers over the last few years. I believe the truth will come out one day.

This site is run solely by hard working volunteers looking to give fellow

Rangers Fans a voice against those wanting to harm our club.

If you would like to help with the running costs by way of donation click the button below

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Copyright © 2014 Rangers Chat.